Monday, January 13, 2014

Happy New Year!

Kamusta Everybody,

  This past week has gone really well! We had lots of good lessons and I have some fun experiences to share. 

   First our recent converts are doing really well. Sister Ramos had her two older kids come home for the holidays. The oldest daughter, Darlyn (who isn't a member), was really interested and we taught her several lessons. She committed to be baptized and was reading from the Book of Mormon every day. She went back to College though on Saturday so the missionaries over there will get to continue teaching her.  Sister Ramos has also asked me to help her with her family tree so she can go the temple and be baptized for her grandma. 

  The older nananys in our ward have also given us a lot of referrals. Between the 3 of them they went out tracting on their own and found 5 part member family's who we are now teaching.

  We’ve also had a lot of dinner appointments this week, which was great because that doesn't happen too often. It also means that I had the opportunity to try some new foods. First, one of our investigators made us a green pudding /jello thing with fat chunks of banana in it. I also helped one of the members make some soiman, a sticky rice thing that you dip in sugar and wrap in a banana leaf (picture). It looked easy to do but wrapping the leaf was tough. I made two of them and the members told me that because “I made it I had to eat it" The ones I made didn't look very pretty but they tasted just fine. 

  Well that’s about all for this week. I hope you all are doing great and have made/are keeping your New Year’s resolutions!

 Mahal Kita
   Elder Merrill




No comments:

Post a Comment